Potable water systems require special considerations when selecting products for water treatment. In fact, to be acceptable for use, they must be certified to conform to ANSI/NSF Standard 60.
FORMULA PW 1680 is a concentrated liquid threshold inhibitor that meets this standard and is NSF approved for use in potable water systems. When used as directed, this product will control scale build up and corrosion on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals in potable and process water systems at extremely low feed rates. Controlling scale buildup and corrosion, will result in improved water quality and flow due to reduction of contaminants on the surfaces of the pipe.
Long term treatment with FORMULA PW 1680 will also result in gradual softening and removal of existing carbonate and sulfate scale resulting in a clean piping system. In addition, it is effective at sequestering high levels of hardness, iron and manganese. It can also be used to reduce the leaching of lead into plumbing systems through the formation of an insoluble coating on the surface of the pipe due to reaction with lead and copper hardness. Continued use is required to maintain this coating and suppress the leaching of lead and copper.
- NSF approved for use in potable water systems.
- Excellent scale inhibition and removal.
- Corrosion control for ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Capable of reducing leaching of lead and copper into the plumbing system through formation of a protective coating over metal surface.
- Highly effective at low feed rates.