Cleaning of vessels, tanks, piping and other equipment that store, transport or process hydrocarbons can be a risky task given the toxic and flammable substances and sludge that need to be removed. In addition, the potential explosive atmosphere due to high LEL (Lower Explosive Limit) levels renders these environments unsafe for entry and their levels must be reduced prior to inspection and return to service.
PURGE HF is specially designed to reduce LEL levels and chemically encapsulate hydrocarbons in both liquid and vapour forms. This dual functionality significantly reduces the explosive potential as sufficient treatment with PURGE HF suppresses vapours to levels below the lower explosive limit (LEL) while also emulsifying the source hydrocarbon liquid. Not only is this product a highly capable LEL scavenger, but it is also a highly effective cleaner capable of removing a variety of hydrocarbon deposits from equipment surfaces as it circulates.
In addition, PURGE HF is capable of scavenging low levels of H2S. For large concentrations of H2S we recommend addition of our SOURGUARD series of products to ensure adequate scavenging ability.
- Highly effective at low feed rates (1-4% application recommended).
- Fast and effective reduction of hydrocarbon vapours (including benzene).
- Dual functionality prevents cycling of LEL levels by reducing hydrocarbon vapours and eliminating their liquid hydrocarbon source through emulsification.
- Capable of scavenging low levels of H2S.
- High foaming formulation for maximum emulsification capacity and effective surface cleaning.
- Readily mixed and applied with hot or cold water.
- Easy to apply and circulate.