Over time the reservoir pressure in a Natural Gas well declines to the point where it is no longer sufficient to lift produced water droplets to the surface. This results in the accumulation of liquid in the tubing leading to further drops in pressure and lost production. If this were to continue unchecked, the well would ultimately reach the reservoir shut-in pressure causing gas flow and well production to cease.
HYDROFOAM is a biodegradable foaming agent designed to economically stimulate gas production from wells where produced water can adversely affect normal production rates. It is formulated using innovative surfactant chemistry allowing it to be effective in high brine and high calcium conditions. Unlike other foaming agents, it is also effective in wells that contain a significant concentration of liquid hydrocarbon (condensate).
Application of HYDROFOAM reduces the density and surface tension of the fluid and allows any gas produced to generate foam which is easily lifted to the surface resulting in effective dewatering of the well.
Use has been shown to result in improved gas production rates and extended well life as well as reduced well maintenance costs and fewer remedial well treatments. It has also utilizes winterizing agents for effective use in all seasons.
- Improves gas production rates by effectively unloading water from well reservoir.
- Continuous use helps to maintain optimum production rates and extend well life.
- Winterized for effective use below –35°C.
- Effective in hard or soft water areas.
- Effective in high condensate, high brine and high calcium environments.
- Instant solubility for precise and easy metering.
- Use reduces pollution by eliminating need for well blow down and gas venting while reclaiming vented gas to sales.
- Contains biodegradable foaming agents for improved environmental acceptability.