Traditionally commodity Caustic Soda has been used for WESP treatment, however use of straight caustic results in the buildup of insoluble soaps and mineral scales resulting in significant additional system operation and maintenance costs. Use of WESPGUARD SMC in combination with Caustic Soda can prevent these issues from occurring.
WESPGUARD SMC is a proprietary formulation of dispersants, scale inhibitors and cleaning agents. This product works synergistically with caustic soda to remove adsorbed organics, wood particles and other contaminants from the surface of the WESP while preventing the formation of insoluble soaps and mineral scales associated with the use of caustic alone.
When properly applied and continuously used, a WESP using a WESPGUARD SMC treatment program resulting in time and cost savings while keeping your WESP in optimum operating condition.
- Concentrated for cost effective dilution in combination with caustic soda.
- Prevents build-up of insoluble soaps and mineral scales that form when WESP is treated with caustic alone.
- Removes adsorbed organics, wood particles and other contaminants from the surface of the WESP.
- Minimizes costly cleanings resulting in operation and maintenance cost savings.
- Maintains internal surfaces of the WESP ensuring the electrostatic surface remain in optimum operating condition.