RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT CHEMIST
This Chemist would have some unique responsibilities, involving direct support of our product development process, and reporting directly to our Product Manager in those aspects.
- Perform market driven R&D of innovative industrial specialty chemical products for new and existing markets. Focus is on industrial cleaners and degreasers, oilfield and industrial water treatment chemistry, and chemistry for application to engineered wood products processes, as well as other new industrial specialty chemical applications.
- Research new raw materials and formulations, and review existing formulations for potential improvements.
- Provide support to QC, conduct sample analyses, and general support for all other lab activities.
- Participate and document on site field trials of new products at customer sites.
- Provide formulation assistance, guidance and technical support to other R&D staff.
- Deliver timely, accurate and complete project documentation.
- Resolve technical issues and assist Sales Representatives with product selection.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to employ creative processes to the development and testing of new chemical products.
- Hands-on laboratory skills working with chemicals, instrumentation, and computers are required.
- Strong time management skills with an aptitude towards adherence to deadlines, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to troubleshoot, research, develop, document, setup, and maintain new processes in the laboratory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated problem solver with attention to detail.
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated with a positive outlook and can-do attitude.
- Safety and environmentally conscious.
Education, Experience Requirements, and Qualifications:
- BSc (Honors, Specialization) or MSc in Chemistry
- Experience in R&D of industrial cleaners and degreasers or chemical products for industrial water treatment, oilfield applications, engineered wood products applications, or other industrial specialty chemical applications is an asset, and will be given consideration, but is not required.
If you are looking to become part of a dynamic, solid company, and an integral part of our laboratory team, please e-mail your resume, including references to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Laboratory manager.
We thank all candidates for applying but only those being considered for the position will be contacted. Resumes will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.