As the IT Associate, you will be creating innovative solutions to process challenges. Developing new workflows, generating valued Business Intelligence (“BI”) reports, and facilitating increased performance across the company. Through training and strong communication, you will enable those around you to better take advantage of technological opportunities.
Provide insight on various risks and opportunities with various IT related subjects such as cloud or hosted service migration.
40-50% Front End Development
10-30% Help Desk
What you will do:
- Create new process flows to optimize time and resources in SharePoint, Sage X3 and Sage Enterprise Intelligence (“SEI”)
- Provide technical training for internal and external end users on various issues relating to hardware, software and peripherals
- Support strategic direction set by IT manager
- Diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex IT related challenges
- Support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Guardian Chemicals Inc. *Safety First, EH&S Awareness, follow QEHS programs including Quality and EHS Policies* This position will require independent work, sharing information and assisting others.
The IT Associate will provide desk top based solutions and training, maximizing use of existing hardware and support the Information Systems Manager with infrastructure, operations, project initiatives and controls. You will also perform root cause analysis, develop checklists for typical problems and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention. This position will support multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices and videoconferencing equipment.
Process IT Based Solutions:
- Office 365 development including SharePoint and SharePoint flows
- Business Intelligent report and dashboard creation
- SAGE X3 development and troubleshooting
- Develop processes to enhance efficiency and vet new opportunities to automate
- Install patches to keep software current
- Dashboard creation
- Software maintenance and operating system patches, security updates
- Strategic insight on various technologies
- Cloud and/or multi-tenant solutions
- Maintain hardware such as fax machines, printers, phone system
- Ordering, installation and maintenance of new computer hardware and software
- SAGE HRMS – install updates and assist in improving our HR/Payroll system
- System backups
Desktop Support – hardware and software applications:
- Resolve end-user IT issues, such as password reset, software questions, PC hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configurations, and so on
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication
- Support and provide user training and guidance on use of programs such as Office 365
- Perform in-person, on-site repairs of PC desktop hardware, printers, and other peripherals
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues
- Trouble shooting software, hardware, and network issues
- Trouble shooting and assisting with technical issues as they arise
- Solving and assisting with general questions regarding standard software used internally
- Accounts management, computer upgrades, troubleshooting, email/group accounts management
- Support the onboarding and off boarding for new and departing employees including moves, adds, and changes to network and systems access
What you will bring:
- Microsoft Certification
- 1 – 5 years experience in a database admin, office 365, technical support role
- Strong understanding of Office 365
- Office 365 Admin
- SharePoint (online)
- Forms, lists, structuring, etc.
- Microsoft Flows
- Active Directory
- Relational database creating and querying
- Cloud computing understanding
- Business Intelligence report generation (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, SEI, etc.)
- Full Stack
- Strong knowledge of: Python, SQL, SAGE X3, SAGE HMRS and Crystal Reporting
- Knowledge of PHP preferable
Team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to effectively communicate, coach, train and explain complex functions simply. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities. Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving, decision making and time management skills. Understanding of quality management principles and strong attention to detail. Ability to analyze data and understand connections. Talent for recognizing the opportunities for process improvement in those connections. Must be fluent in English-written and verbal. Must be able to multi-task, take on accountability for the role and wear many hats, a dynamic personality is an asset.
Guardian Chemicals Inc. provides a competitive base salary, health and dental benefits program, RRSP and Pension plan, Bonus plan and the opportunity to work with an industry leader in the chemical industry.
Interested applicants can forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all those who apply but will only contact applicants selected for an interview.